Sunday, October 9, 2011

First Day in Norway

     Today, on May 18, 2011, I am traveling to Norway. Today is my birthday, so I decided to go to three of the most visited attractions in Norway. Those three places are The Geirangerfjord, The Trollistigen Mountain Road, and The Voringsfossen Waterfall. My first stop was at the waterfall. This water fall is one of Norway's most famous waterfalls. The highest drop in the waterfall is 182 meters. 145 meters of the 182 meters is a direct drop straight down. After I left from there, I traveled to The Trollistigen Mountain Road, located 15 kilometers south of Andalsnes. Trollistigen inclines at about 9 percent and has 11 sharp bends and turns that twist up the mountainside. On the side of the mountain, a gushing waterfall cascades down the mountain. Once I was finished with the long, hard trail, I finished my day at The Geirangerfjord. This area is located about 100 kilometers from the town of Alesund. I went on a short cruise, and then walked up yet another mountain. Everyone of the trips had free admission, so I didn’t have to pay anything to get in the places. After a hard traveling, I went back to the hotel. For that day, I stayed at Hotel Union Geiranger. The hotel cost was $144 to stay. For dinner, I ate at the Nighthawk Diner. I had eggs and omelettes. The meal came with toast and carrot bread. The meal was 79 Kroners ($13.57 in U.S. currency). Finally, I went to sleep, enjoying my first day in Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment