Friday, October 21, 2011

Last Day in Norway

     Today, May 24, 2011, I checked out of my hotel for my final day in Norway. My first stop today would be to the Thyholttarnet Tower in Trondheim. At the top, which was 124 meters high, I looked down I felt sick over the height. This tower, built in 1985, also features a revolving restaurant that revolves once in an hour. Next, I went to Stiftsgarden to see an old building. Stiftsgarden isn't just a normal building however, it is the royal residence in Norway. This 1774, 140 room building used to be used to house the royalty in Norway. I remember walking around the building and it felt like it was talking me forever because it was so big. Finally, I went to the Trondheim Kunstmuseum. Here, I saw many different works of art. This 1850 building is Norway's third largest museum featuring Norwegian Style art. Before I left Norway, I stopped for dinner. For dinner, I had pizza at The Restaurant Egon. The price was 125 Kroners ($25.00 USD). On my way home, I traveled using the same airline I used to get here. I used the Scandanavian Airlines System. The cost was 16, 292 Kroners ($2901.00 USD). When I arrived in Pittsburgh, I drove home with all my memories of Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment