Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sixth Day in Norway

     Today, May 23, 2011, I checked out of my hotel to continue my trip. My first trip, is to the Ringve Museum in Trondheim. It is the only museum in Norway to feature musical instruments from around the world. I walked outside, and got to walk through a garden outside of the museum. Next, I went to The Nidaros Cathedral. This church had began to be constructed in 1070, and caught fire many times. But each time, it was rebuilt, mainly using the original Gothic-style, but it also reflects Roman styles. On the left side of the Cathedral, it shows a scene of of the crucifiction of Christ. It is mainly made of stone, and is decorated with stained glass windows. Finally, I went to The Trøndelag Folk Museum. The museum dated back to 1909, and featured 60 vintage buildings, and over 100,000 artifacts. Once I left there, I went to go an eat. For dinner I had a four-course meal of Norwegian-Styled food at Gammelbua for 400 Kroners ($72.22 USD). Then, I went to go and check into my new hotel. I chose the Best Western Chesterfield Hotel. The cost was 895 Kroners ($159.36 USD). Finally, I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment