Saturday, October 15, 2011

Third Day in Norway

Atlantic Road
     Today, May 20, 2011, I am checking out of my hotel, and continuing my vacation in Norway. Today, my first trip will be to The Bøyabreen Glacier, in Fjærland. This glacier is one of the most spectacular ones in all of Norway. As I drove by the massive block of ice, I saw pieces of ice falling into the water below it, and making a giant splash. Some pieces were small, but others were about the size of a car. When I was done here, I went to travel over the Atlantic road. This road is 8- kilometers long and includes many twists and turns over the Atlantic ocean, connecting two islands together. Over the railing, I saw many different animals, like seals and whales, swimming through the water. The road has also been named a national tourist route. Finally, I ended my day, visiting the famous city of Ålesund. This city is known for its architecture in Art Nouveau style. Surrounding the area, are fjords, and the Sunnmøre alps. When I left from that area, I went to check into my new hotel, The First Hotel Atlantica. For one night, the stay was 1052 Kroners ($187.64 USD). For dinner, I ate at The New Orleans Resturaunt in Oslo. I ate classic, southern American style gumbo. The total price for the meal was 530 Kroners ($94.53 USD).Finally, I went to sleep.  




No comments:

Post a Comment