Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fourth Day in Norway

Kjeragbolten Rock
     Today, May 21, 2011, I have checked out of another hotel, planning to continue my vacation in Norway. Today, my first stop in in Ryfylke, where I will be visiting the famous Pulpit Rock. This is the most famous attraction in Ryfylke, and towers 604 meters over the Lysefjord. When I was close to the rock, I traveled 350 meter up a steep, uneven route. When I finally reached the top of the rock, there was a big crack in it. The guides told me that it happened because of a glacier that had melted many years ago. Once I was done here, I took one of the many different hiking trails back to the road. The next place I visited was the St. Olav's Church in Avaldsnes. This prehistoric stone church was built in 1250 by King Håkon Håkonsen. Surrounding hte church, stand several obelisks, some standing seven feet high. As walked around the church and examined it, and then I was on my way to my final destination. The final place I visited was The Lysefjord. This place is known for its high mountains, and the most known one is the Kjeragbolten rock above the fjord. I decided to climb up to te rock, and when I got there, I was standing 1000 meters above sea level. I couldn't stand up there for to long, so I decided to come back down. Once I didn't fell sick anymore, I managed to climb back down and head back to a hotel. The hotel I chose was the Thon Hotel in Bergen, Norway. The cost was 671 Kroners ($121.82 USD). For dinner, I ate at the Enhjorningen Restaraunt, otherwise known as The Unicorn Restaraunt. I ate a variety of seafood for 280 Kroners ($50.42 USD). Finally, I went to sleep, and prepared for my next day in Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment