Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fifth Day in Norway

Saltstraumen Maelstrom from Overhead
     Today, May, 22, 2011, I continued my journey in Norway. My first destination, is to Vågå, where I will be taking a famous hike in Scandinavia. On this hike, I had to go up a hill, that was roughly 1400 meters high. After a made it up, I went east and passed the Bjørnbøltjønne and Bessvatnet lakes. Once I crossed those lakes, I crossed the famous Besseggen ridge. Once I got to the top, I became tired, and had to make my way back, but the trip was fun. Once I left there, I went to Saltstraumen to exprerience the worlds most powerful maelstrom. Every six hours, 400 million cubic meters of water speed up to 40 kilometers. The biggest one I saw, was around ten meters in diameter, and five meters deep. Once I saw this, I traveled north-east to the Lofoten Islands. Aside from relaxing on the beach, I looked at some historic buildings. One of those buildings was the Flakstad Church. This church was built in 1870. The next place was was Glapen Lighthouse, and it was built in 1857. When I left from there, I went to go to dinner. I ate at the Fiskekrogen restauraunt, and had fish for 225 Kroners ($51.00 USD). Once I ate, I left and checked into The Vestfjord for 495 Kroners ($88.36 USD). Finally, I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment