Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vow of Silence

     Before the vow of silence, I had mixed feelings about how I was going to feel about it when we got to start it. Before we started, I thought to myself of how we were supposed to still work even though we couldn't talk to anyone. In the first few minutes, I'll admit, I didn't really see the part about it that was supposed to be fun, but as we went through it, I found that it was more fun to not be able to talk because it made it more of a challenge. And I'm teh type of person that likes being challenged, rather than easily coasting through things. And although, for the most part, it was challenging, I often found that it could also be fun and enjoyable. And some parts were also really easy, like the typing.
     If I had to take a whole day's worth of a vow of silence, it would be harder than it was today. Mostly, the hard part would be during lunch because most of my friends are there and we never stop talking. But in my other classes, it wouldn't be as hard because I never talk that much in them.
     During the vow of silence, I learned more than I expected. I learned that you need to be able to work as a team and cooperate. Also, I learned how challenging it would be if I couldn't talk to anyone. And there are a few neccesary skills that you should know in order to try it. First of all, you need to be able cooperate. Also, you need to have patient and be creative for the person to understand you. But overall, I thought that the challenge was fun and exciting, and I might want to try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment