Thursday, February 23, 2012

Renaissance Person 1st Account

      I, Dante Alighieri, am entering the late part of my life, so I thought that it would be a good idea to reminisce on the early stage of my life. First, I will take you through my childhood. Next, I will explain all of the postive actions I have displayed. Finally, I will explain how I've have gotten to this point of illness.
      When I was born, I was born into a Florentine family, with noble ancestery. When I was just seven years old, my mother, Bella degli Abati, died. My father,  Alighiero II, supported us by moneylending and renting of property. But soon, Brunetto Latini, had taken me in and raised me as his son. Throughout my life, I was properly educated in Classical and Christian literature, and at 12 years old, I was promised Gemma Donati as my wife, but I fell in love with Beatrice. However, I married Gemma. After Beatrice died, I began to devote myself to literature, and that is how I have created some of my best work.
     My most famous accomplishment, would have to be in my writing skills. Throughout my life, I have composed several pieces of literature that have become classics in the world of classic literature. One of these stories is entitled La Divina Commedia (Devine Comedy). The Devine Conedy  is an epic novel about Dante, and his journey through the three stages of death, Inferno, Purgatorio, and  Paradiso.  I plan for this peice of literature to be widely liked by everyone after I pass. 
     As I write this, you may be wondering why I am saying that I'm going to "go" soon. It is because Uguccione della Faggiuola, forced Florence to grant mercy on those who were exliled, like me. And when Uguccione della Faggiuola defeated Florence, those exiled were granted house arrest, as long as they vowed to never go to Florence again. I refused, and was sentenced to death, which is tommorow, but I was asked by Prince Guido Polenta to come to Venice. However, I managed to catch malaria, and the doctors say, I have a few days left. So, when I heard this news, I began to write this, for you to always remember the name Dante Alighieri.    

No comments:

Post a Comment